Massage clients at the Bristol Back Pain Clinic can choose from a 30 or 60 minute sports or relaxation massage therapy session at our Paintworks clinic. Soft tissue therapy and deep tissue techniques are available – see below for more details.
Deep tissue massage techniques are ideal for sports performers. Whether you’re training for an
event, play competitive sport regularly, or just want to help maintain your physical best for the
recreational sports you enjoy, deep tissue techniques:
• Help to improve circulation and lymphatic flow
• Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
• Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
• Can increase or decrease muscle tone
• Can increase or decrease muscle length
• Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
Soft tissue therapy provides the same benefits outlined above, which can also help relieve the day-
to-day problems many people experience during work, rest or play, such as repetitive strain injury,
sprains, anxiety, stress, tension and fatigue. Soft tissue therapy:
• Provides relaxation, recuperation and rejuvenation
• Relaxes, releases and relieves physical and emotional anxiety
• Eases and soothes aching muscles
• Rebalances the body’s natural rhythms
• Promotes a sense of wellbeing
Soft tissue therapy is ideal during pregnancy and is also great for new mums, as in addition to all of the above, it can also help with post-partum healing.
Before your massage session starts you will have the opportunity to discuss any issues, how they are
affecting you and what you are looking to achieve from the massage, with your therapist. This
ensures you will receive a bespoke massage session, tailored to your individual needs.
If you ever have any concerns about your massage therapy treatment then please discuss this with us. We see treatment as a partnership between ourselves and our patients so will accommodate your needs at every stage, and confidentiality and discretion will be observed at all times.
Please arrive 5 to 10 minutes early for your first appointment to allow time for you to fill out our
Patient Registration Forms.
To book an appointment, call 0117 9723 518.
For information on massage therapy appointment times click here or for information on fees click here.